Pumpkin Pie with a Hint of Maple.
I love the maple flavor in this pie. It's subtle enough that it's hard to identify. As my husband said, "If you hadn't told me there was maple syrup in this pie I would think the flavor was great but wouldn't know why."
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- One 15 ounce can (1 ¾ cups) pumpkin puree
- Follow these instructions to prepare a partially baked pie crust, and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat the eggs lightly in a medium-size bowl. Whisk in the cream, maple syrup and vanilla. Combine the brown sugar, flour, spices and salt in a small bowl. Add the mixture to the wet ingredients and stir well to combine. Add the pumpkin and blend well with a whisk. Carefully pour the filling into the cooled pie shell.
- Place the pie on the center oven rack and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for about another 40 minutes. When the pie is done, the center will look like Jello - jiggly, yet not at all soupy. The center of the pie will have a slight sheen, while the outer circumference will be matte and beginning to crack.
- Let cool on a wire rack. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 300mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 0gSugar: 27gProtein: 4g