Gluten Free Chocolate Muffins with Cinnamon & Ricotta.
These muffins are really just an excuse to eat chocolate cupcakes for breakfast and not feel too guilty about it. Because they are kind of healthy... Ok. They may not be in the category of health food, per se, but if you're craving something warm, chocolaty and decadent for breakfast, or as a mid-afternoon treat, these are hard to beat.
These chocolate muffins are divine warm from the oven while the chocolate chips are still gooey.
They are also perfectly delicious for up to 4 days after baking. I like to make a double batch and freeze half, wrapped individually, for later.
You could, of course, leave out the cinnamon and they would be just as delicious. Personally, I adore the combination of chocolate and cinnamon and the small amount in these muffins compliments the chocolate without overpowering it.
And you could always get fancy and dust them with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
More Delicious Gluten-Free Recipes:
- Gluten Free Caramel Cake with Salted Caramel Italian Meringue Buttercream
- The BEST Gluten Free Vanilla Cake
- Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Gluten free Chocolate Almond Cherry Oatmeal Cookies
- Gluten free Pineapple Muffins
- The Best Gluten Free Banana Muffins
for even more delicious gluten free recipes, follow my gluten free recipes board on pinterest.
- ½ cup GF all-purpose flour substitute
- ¼ cup ground flax meal
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup Stevia, XyloSweet, or granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- ⅔ cup milk or almond milk
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and position a rack in the center of your oven and grease muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper baking cup liners.
- Whisk all of the dry ingredients together in a medium size bowl or the bowl of a standing mixer.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients, except the chocolate chips, until well blended.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk or beat until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon into prepared muffin pan and bake in the center of the oven for about 18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in one of the muffins comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 187mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 5g