The Best Ultra Thin and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe.
This is the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. Thin, chewy, crispy, buttery & loaded with chocolate. A favorite tried-and-true cookie recipe.
The best chocolate chip cookie recipe, you say? Yes. The BEST. Well, I think so at least. So does my son, who learned to make these around the age of 13 just so he could ensure a consistent supply.
Ok. I know this isn’t the best chocolate chip cookie recipe for everyone. It really depends on your definition of what makes a chocolate chip cookie great. Light and fluffy, or thin and crispy? With or without nuts? Lots of chocolate or just a moderate amount? Chewy or tender? Soft and caky, or crisp and crunchy?
I prefer my chocolate chip cookies to be very thin, not cakey at all, both chewy and crispy, buttery, and loaded with chocolate.
Sometimes I add roasted almonds to these chocolate chip cookies. Other times I add dried cherries. Occasionally, I get all wild and crazy and add both. Other times I bake these cookies without anything except a lot of chocolate. It’s all good.
You do have a decision to make with this chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Use all brown sugar or part brown sugar and part granulated sugar. Either way is delicious. Using all brown sugar makes them ultra thin and chewy-crispy. Using some granulated sugar still produces a gorgeous thin, chewy cookie, but not quite as thin as using all brown sugar.
Also, using part granulated sugar makes the cookies a bit more tender and a bit less chewy. Personally, I prefer to use some granulated sugar when I’m planning to add anything else to the batter besides chocolate chips. If I’m in a purist mood, like I was here, I use all brown sugar.
Whichever way you go, you’ll want to make a lot. These chocolate chip cookies will go fast.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 16 oz. bittersweet chocolate chips (approximately 2 1/2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper or a silpat baking mat.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter sugars, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt with a wire whisk. Stir flour into butter mixture, just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded generous tablespoon size balls of dough onto the baking sheets, spaced 3 inches inches apart. These will spread out quite a bit.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, until golden brown and mostly set in the center.
- Place the baking sheet on a wire rack to cool. These are very fragile when warm, so let them cool for at least 5 minutes on the baking sheet before gently moving them to the wire rack to cool completely.
- Stored in an air-tight container for up to a week. These also freeze well, sealed in freezer bags.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 185mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 3g