These Cream Biscuits are deliciously tender, buttery, and ready to eat in about 20 minutes.
- 3 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups plus 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 6 tbsp salted butter, melted
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt to a large mixing bowl. Stir with a wire whisk to combine. Slowly pour in the cream, stirring with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, just until all the dry ingredients are moistened. Using your hands, knead the dough inside the bowl 4 or 5 times to bring it together. Do not over work the dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and pat into a circle that's approximately 1-inch thick. Run a spatula underneath the dough to unstick it from your work surface. Then, using a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits and lay them on the parchment covered baking sheet, spacing them evenly. You should get 10-12 biscuits, re-patting the scraps as necessary.
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with about half of the melted butter and bake for 12-15 minutes, until the tops of the biscuits are a light golden brown.
- Immediately brush the tops of the biscuits with the remaining melted butter and serve.
- Prep Time: 8 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
Keywords: biscuits, cream biscuits, simple biscuit recipe, quick biscuit recipe