Salted Chocolate Caramel Blondies dripping with brown sugar, vanilla, & salted caramel. They are both crunchy and chewy. Tender and dense. Sweet and salty. *NOTE: If you can’t find salted chocolate caramels at your local grocery store, the Sanders brand is available on Amazon.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a 9 inch square baking pan with aluminum foil and spray lightly with non-stick spray or brush with a bit of melted butter.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt with a wire whisk until well combined.
- In a separate medium size bowl, whisk the brown sugar with the melted butter until well combined, about 30 seconds. (You can also use a standing mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, but don’t over mix. It’s important to avoid beating too much air into the mixture.)
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the butter and brown sugar and whisk for about another 30 seconds.
- With a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir the flour mixture into the butter and brown sugar mixture and stir just until combined. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Scatter the chopped salted chocolate caramels over the top of the batter and press them into the batter slightly. The caramels should cover the batter almost completely.
- Bake for 60- 65 minutes, until the center is just barely set and the sides are just starting to pull away from the sides of the pan. Be careful to not over bake. The center will look slightly underdone, but not jiggly.
- Let the pan cool on a wire rack for about 20 minutes. Using the sides of the foil, lift the whole cake from the pan and let stand on the wire rack, still in the foil, until completely cool.
- Cut into bars and store in an air tight container.