*Recipe includes instructions for baking these Pumpkin Bread loaves in two standard 9-inch loaf pans OR in an 18-cavity mini loaf pan.
- 8 oz white chocolate chips (if using a white chocolate bar, break it into small pieces)
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 stick (4oz) butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup full-fat buttermilk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 29 ounces (3 cups) pumpkin puree
- 10 oz. mini dark chocolate chips
FOR THE WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE GLAZE:
- 5 oz white chocolate chips (if using a bar, break into small pieces)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp butter, cut into 4 pieces
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare an 18-cavity mini loaf pan OR two 9-inch loaf pans: If using a non-stick pan, spray the pan with non-stick baking spray. If your pan is not non-stick, grease and flour the loaf cavity of the pans. If using a mini-loaf pan, you can also line the loaf cavities with paper liners.
- Put the white chocolate in a small bowl and microwave it on medium for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir the chocolate and microwave on medium for another 30 seconds – 1 1/2 minutes, stirring after every 30 seconds, just until melted. Set aside.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice to a medium sized bowl and stir with a wire whisk to combine.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add the butter, vegetable oil, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Beat on medium-high speed until the mixture is lightened and fluffy, about 4-5 minutes. Stop every now and then to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl and beating on medium speed for 20 seconds after each addition.
- In a small bowl, add the buttermilk, vanilla, and pumpkin puree and whisk to combine.
- Add the pumpkin-buttermilk mixture and the dry ingredients in alternating additions, beating on low speed after each addition just long enough to combine: flour-pumkin-flour-pumpkin-flour-pumpkin-flour.
- Add the melted white chocolate and mix on low speed just until combined. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Distribute the batter evenly among mini-loaf cavities OR between two 9-inch loaf pans. The batter should come almost to the top of each cavity.
- If baking mini-loaves: Bake for 20-25 minutes. If baking 9-inch loaves: Bake for 70-80 minutes. To check for doneness, insert a toothpick into one of the loaves. If it comes out without any sign of raw batter, the loaves are done.
- Allow the loaves to cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then gently remove using a small spatula or butter knife to a wire rack to cool completely.
PREPARE THE WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- Add the chocolate to a small bowl.
- Pour the cream into a glass measuring cup and microwave on high for 45 seconds – 1 minute, just until it begins to boil.
- Pour the cream over the white chocolate and allow it to sit for 5 minutes. Stir the cream and chocolate, until all the chocolate is melted and the ganache is smooth. Add the butter, and stir until completely incorporated.
- Allow the ganache to cool to room temperature, then drizzle over the mini pumpkin loaves.
The size of mini-loaf pans vary, so one recipe may, or may not, yield the same amount of mini loaves as it did for me. I used this 18-Cavity mini-loaf pan, which creates loaves that are approximately 2 1/2 inches wide and 3 3/4 inches long.
Keywords: pumpkin bread, pumpkin cake, pumpkin chocolate chip, mini loaves, pumpkin spice dessert