Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. These large, soft, lightly sweetened peanut butter cookies are loaded with chopped peanuts, oatmeal, and chocolate chunks.
- 1 1/4 cup salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup whole grain oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 7 oz. bittersweet chocolate chunks or chips (about 1 1/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cover a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, chop the peanuts until they are in small pieces by pulsing 4 or 5 times, one second per pulse.
- Add both flours, oats, baking soda, and salt to a medium size bowl and stir with a whisk to combine.
- Beat the melted butter, peanut butter, both sugars, eggs, milk, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 1-minute, until well combined. Stir in the dry ingredients, chopped peanuts and chocolate chunks just until everything is combined and formed into a dough.
- Shape 1/4 cup size balls of cookie dough with your hands and plop down onto parchment covered baking sheets, making sure to space each ball at least 3-inches apart. Flatten each ball slightly with the palm of your hand and bake, one sheet at a time, for 14-15 minutes. When done, there will be slight cracks in some of the cookies and they will appear set. Be careful to not overtake.
- Remove from the oven to cool on wire racks. Cookies will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 2 months.