Fresh peach crisp is one of those homey, comforting desserts that signals the end of the summer and start to fall. This recipe includes fresh peaches topped with a buttery, brown sugar, almond, oat streusel.
FOR THE CRISP TOPPING:
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup ground flax meal
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup dry roasted, unsalted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ⅔ cup butter – softened
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ tsp ground nutmeg
FOR THE FRUIT FILLING:
MAKE THE CRISP TOPPING:
- Dump all the crisp topping ingredients into a medium size bowl. Mix with your hands until all the dry ingredients are moistened with the butter. Cover and set aside while you prepare the fruit.
MAKE THE PEACH FILLING:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt and vanilla and mix briefly just to blend. Add the sliced peaches and toss together with your hands to coat the peaches in the other ingredients.
ASSEMBLE AND BAKE THE PEACH CRISP:
- Pour the peach mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish. Crumble the topping over the peach filling, squeezing the topping together in your hands to create some larger sized chunks of topping.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until the crisp topping is golden brown and the peach filling is bubbling. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cool.