INGREDIENTS PER OMELET:
- 2 large eggs
- salt and white pepper
- 2 tablespoons of salted butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic & herb or shallot & chive Boursin Cheese
- 2 tsp chopped chives
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and sprinkle with a bit of salt and white pepper. Whisk vigorously with a fork for 1-2 minutes. Vigorous beating will give the omelets a creamy consistency.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a small omelet pan over medium heat. When the butter is melted and foaming, pour in the eggs.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir the eggs in the pan in small circles, like you’re making scrambled eggs. When the eggs are about 80% firm, spread them out in the pan, running the spatula around the edge of the omelet to create the smooth edges.
- When the eggs are mostly set, but still a bit wet and runny on the top, remove the pan from the heat. Crumble cheese over one half of the omelet and let sit for 1 minute. Using the spatula and your fingers, start with the cheese covered side and gently roll the omelet over itself in the pan to encase the cheese completely.
- Add the other tablespoon of butter to the pan and put it back on the stovetop. Use the spatula to gently turn the omelet around in the pan to coat the bottom with butter. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then turn out onto a plate, letting the melted butter in the pan drizzle over the top. Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve.