This simple, one-bowl banana bread recipe is slightly sweet (not cloying), supremely moist and tender, and flavored with the simplicity of butter and bananas.
The best part? Making the batter is as simple as throwing all the ingredients in a bowl and turning on the mixer.
- 1 3/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 2/3 granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 medium super ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt to a medium size bowl, or the bowl of a standing mixer and stir to combine. Add bananas, butter, milk and eggs and beat on low speed until blended, then on medium for 1 minute.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan. Bake for 50 – 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove the loaf from the pan and let cool on the wire rack for at least another 10 minutes before slicing.
Keywords: banana bread, quick bread, homemade bread, breakfast, after school snack, easy recipe, simple bread recipe, loaf bread