These tiny little cranberry bundt cakes drizzled with a sweet tart lemon glaze are almost too cute to eat. Almost.
For the Mini Cranberry Bundt Cakes:
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp table salt (1 1/4 tsp kosher salt)
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup full fat unsweetened, plain yogurt (preferably Greek yogurt)
For the Lemon Glaze:
Make the Mini Cranberry Bundt Cakes:
- Preheat the oven to 375 and spray a mini-bundt pan with non-stick spray. (Even if your pan has a non-stick coating, spray it with baking spray.)
- Add the frozen cranberries to a food processor and pulse until the berries are broken up into small pieces.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt to a bowl. Stir with a wire whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add the butter, vegetable oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg, and lemon zest. Whisk vigorously for 20-30 seconds to combine.
- Stir the vanilla extract into the yogurt and add it to the butter-sugar mixture in two additions, alternating with the flour: flour, yogurt, flour, yogurt, flour.
- Stir in the chopped cranberries.
- Add a heaping teaspoon of cake batter to each cavity in your mini bundt pan, filling each cavity nearly to the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 13 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in one of the cake comes out with no evidence of raw batter.
- Immediately upon removing the cakes from the oven, flip them out onto a wire rack. Allow to cool completely before drizzling with lemon glaze.
Make the lemon glaze:
- Add all the glaze ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine. Whisk gently at first until all the powdered sugar is moistened, then whisk more vigorously until completely smooth. Keep covered until ready to use.
- Store the mini bundt cakes in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Unglazed cakes can be frozen for up to two months. Make sure to freeze in a single layer so that the cakes don’t stick together.
Keywords: cranberry, cranberry cake, Christmas cake, holiday recipe, lemon cake, mini cakes, small cakes, bundt cake