Simple chocolate doughnut glaze.
- 1/2 cup butter (8 tbsp)
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Add the butter, milk, corn syrup and salt to a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until the butter is melted and the mixture is just starting to simmer.
- Remove from the heat and add the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is melted. Whisk in the vanilla and powdered sugar until the mixture is smooth.
- Use immediately to glaze doughnuts by dipping the tops in the glaze. Let the doughnuts rest on a rack with a sheet of foil underneath to catch drips.