These Chocolate Chip Ginger Cookies are tender, spicy & deeply flavorful. The combination of spice & chocolate is unexpected… and divine.
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sorghum syrup
- 1 stick salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 2 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup crystalized candied ginger, chopped into pea size pieces
- 1 1/2 bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add both sugars, spices, baking soda, salt, sorghum syrup, butter and egg to the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and beat at medium-high speed for 2 minutes, until well blended and lightened slightly.
- Add the oat flour to the mixture and beat on low just until blended.
- With a wooden spoon or spatula, stir in the ginger and chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough in tablespoon size amounts onto your cookie sheet, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until slightly golden and just set. Remove these from the oven while the centers still look soft. Do not over bake.