- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh, grated ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (packed and undrained)
FOR THE LEMON GLAZE:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, blend flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and ginger with a wire whisk. Set aside.
- Mix sugars, fresh ginger, eggs, oil, butter and vanilla on medium speed in a standing mixer fitted with the wire whisk until well blended. (Or mix by hand with a wire whisk.)
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix with the paddle attachment on low speed, just until blended. (Or stir with a wooden spoon.) Stir in the zucchini.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out mostly clean, with just a crumb or two sticking to it.
- Remove the bread from the oven and set on a wire rack. Let cool in the pan for about 5 minutes and then gently turn out of the pan to cool on the wire rack.
- With a wire whisk, blend all the glaze ingredients in a bowl until well blended and drizzle over the loaf while still warm.