FOR THE COCONUT PANNA COTTA:
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk (full fat)
- 3 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 3 tbsp Steviva Blend - OR - 6 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup, PLUS an additional 3/4 cup for drizzling
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
FOR THE CHOCOLATE ALMOND DATE CLUSTERS:
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate - cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 tbsp Steviva Blend - OR - 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted almonds - cut in half
- 4 oz (about 3/4 cup) pitted dates - chopped
MAKE THE COCONUT PANNA COTTA:
- Pour the coconut milk into a medium size saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin in an even layer over the top. Let stand for 10 minutes to allow the gelatin to soften. Whisk the gelatin into the coconut milk.
- Set the pan over medium heat and cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture registers 135 degrees. Remove from the heat and stir in the steviva (or sugar), maple syrup, and salt. Slowly pour in the cream, stirring constantly, then the vanilla. Pour the mixture into 6-8 glasses. Cover each glass with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, and up to 24.
MAKE THE CHOCOLATE ALMOND DATE CLUSTERS:
- Line a plate with a sheet of parchment paper. Butter the parchment paper.
- Add the chocolate, steviva blend (or sugar), and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl and cook in the microwave for 2-3 minutes at 50% power, stopping every 30 seconds to stir, until the chocolate is about 75% melted. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Add the chopped almonds and dates to the melted chocolate and stir to coat. Spread the mixture onto the parchment lined plate, spreading it out into an even layer. Place in the refrigerator until the chocolate has hardened, about 20 minutes.
- Chop the chocolate clusters into small pieces. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Pour about 2 tbsp of maple syrup into each glass of Panna Cotta. Top with a spoonful or two of chocolate almond date clusters and serve.
- Prep Time: 60 minutes (plus refrigeration)
Keywords: panna cotta, coconut milk, coconut, sugar free, no sugar, dessert