These cinnamon streusel mini-muffins, spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg and covered in buttery brown sugar streusel and vanilla glaze, are adorable and jam packed with flavor, proving that the best things really do come in small packages.
I am much more likely to use the jumbo muffin pan than the mini-muffin one.
In fact, I've owned a mini muffin pan, which I purchased along with mini-muffin liners, for at least 5 years (probably more). And, the muffins you see here are the first things ever to be baked in its adorable little mini-muffin cups.
I honestly don't even remember what inspired me to purchase it in the first place. Nonetheless, that inspiration passed and I've just been moving it out of the way to get to my regular and jumbo sized muffin pans for years. Poor little neglected mini-muffin pan.
But after making these, I might never use that jumbo muffin pan again because mini-muffins are where it's at.
Not only are these the perfect size when you just want a bite or two of something sweet, but every bite is also the perfect amount of muffin, streusel, and glaze.
Used in this recipe:
More Popular Muffin Recipes:
- Mixed Berry Muffins
- Blueberry Corn Muffins
- Healthy Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Zucchini Blueberry Muffins with Oatmeal and Almonds
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins with Streusel
- Lemon Blueberry Muffins
If you give this recipe a try, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, or take a picture and tag it #ofbatteranddough on Instagram.
FOR THE STREUSEL:
- ¾ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 tablespoon butter, melted
FOR THE MUFFINS:
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten slightly with a fork
- 1¼ cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoon butter, melted
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (or 1 more teaspoon of vanilla extract)
MAKE THE STREUSEL:
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a small bowl. Pour in the melted butter and mix with your hands until all the dry ingredients are moistened. Cover, and set aside.
BAKE THE MUFFINS:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a mini-muffin pan with mini-muffin paper liners, or spray the pan with non-stick spray.
- Dump the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and both sugars into a medium size bowl and mix with a wire whisk to combine.
- With a fork, whisk the buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla together to combine. Add to the dry ingredients along with the melted butter. Mix with a wire whisk for about 20 seconds, until mostly combined; it's ok if you have a few lumps.
- Add a heaping teaspoon of batter to each muffin cup (the batter should come almost to the top of the cups) and top each with a generous crumbles of streusel. Gently press the streusel into the batter just to help it stick as the muffins rise.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of one of the muffins comes out clean - or with just a few crumbs clinging to it.
- Let cool on a wire rack while mixing up the glaze.
MAKE THE GLAZE:
- Whisk together all the glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over the tops of mini-muffins.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
© Of Batter and Dough. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Of Batter and Dough.