Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars that are gluten free, whole grain, high in fiber & protein. Health food disguised as delicious cookie bars.
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup ground flax meal
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup stevia
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy), plus 4 tbsp for the topping
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, at least 60% cocoa
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 13×9 inch baking dish with non-stick spray or grease with butter or shortening.
- Dump all of the ingredients, except the chocolate chips and 4 tbsp peanut butter for topping, into the bowl of a standing mixer and beat on low speed just until mixed. (You can also use a hand held mixer or just beat with a wooden spoon.)
- Press the cookie dough into a tight layer in the bottom of the pan with your fingertips. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn the oven off. Immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips across the top of the cookie bars and put the pan back into the oven for 1 minute. Remove from the oven and spread the melted chocolate across the cookie bars in an even layer. Let the cookie bars cool in the pan completely.
- When the bars are completely cool, put the remaining 4 tbsp of peanut butter into a small bowl and heat in the microwave for about 20 seconds – just until it’s fluid enough to pour. Using a spoon, drizzle the peanut butter over the surface of the bars in a crisscross design. Let the peanut butter cool, slice into 24 bars, and serve. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.