- In a medium size bowl, mix sugars, cinnamon and salt.
- Add melted butter and stir to combine.
- Add the flour and mix with your hands, gently rubbing the flour into the butter and sugar until all the flour is moist.
- Cover and set aside while you make the cake or muffins you want to top with this buttery crumb topping. Or, put in a ziplock bag or air-tight container and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
- When topping cake or muffins, the key to big delicious crumbs is to squeeze the crumb topping in your hand to form large chunks as you distribute the topping on the cake or muffins. If your crumb topping has been refrigerated for a while, let it sit out on the counter for an hour or so, until the topping is pliable enough to enable you to squeeze it together.