This simple blueberry sauce is to die for drizzled over pancakes, french toast, waffles, ice cream, or anything else your heart desires. It's especially good over Lemon Ricotta Pancakes.
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup apple juice + 3 tbsp apple juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 - 2 tbsp lemon zest (optional)
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- Add the blueberries, 3/4 cup apple juice, honey, lemon juice and salt to a heavy bottom medium size saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the mixture begins to boil.
- In a small bowl, stir the remaining 3 tbsp apple juice into the cornstarch and stir into the boiling blueberries. Turn the heat to medium-low and let simmer, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla, lemon zest and butter. Serve warm.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.